Massage is a very relaxing way of body treatment. It can refresh you, removes stress from body and mind. Thigh massage can benefit people in various ways. It improves blood flow, drains toxins easily and relieves pain and muscle aches. For easy gliding over skin and making thigh and the overlying skin healthy, some ingredients are used during massaging. They can be oils of various kinds, may be some lotions, gels or even coffee or tea!
Choosing the right ingredients depends on some factors like absorption time, thickness or consistency and availability. Some ingredients may cause hypersensitivity or allergic reaction to some users. As thigh massage can be done with ingredients readily available to us, the choice of thigh massage ingredients utterly depend on individuals. Thigh massage cream can be found in ordinary departmental stores or special spa shops dedicated for this purpose. The advantage of getting these from a spa shop or massage parlor is you can buy mixed ingredients together as a single unit which is not always available in ordinary shops and avoid the hassle of mixing and matching different elements.
Some very popular agents (cream) used in massage are
- Sweet Almond oil: It is the mostly used agent for massaging. Sweet almond oil is relatively costly but best suited for all types of skin. However, people who are allergic to nuts should not use it. It facilitates smooth gliding of the hand over the thighs and is absorbed quite fast. Sweet almond oil is well known for its great hydrating, moisturizing and antimicrobial properties resulting from the fatty acids and unsaturated triglyceride combination in almond oil. It can soothe stressed muscles, give relief from pain and get rid of cellulites.
- Apricot Kernel oil: Apricot kernel oil is the best alternative of sweet almond oil for them who has allergy to nuts. It is light and gentle, thus a good nourishing and lubricating agent. It has essential fatty acids, namely oleic and linoleic acids, vitamins A and vitamin E, which works as antioxidants and prevents ageing. This essential oil works great against inflammation or skin conditions like eczema. A small dab of apricot kernel oil can convert your thigh massage into an aromatherapy massage. It is a bit more costly than the almond oil.
- Fractionated coconut oil: Fractionated coconut oil is different from normal coconut oil as it is only left with the medium chain fatty acids after the removal of long chain fatty acids. This light, non-greasy oil is cheap and available everywhere. It does not smudge the clothes like other oils, can be preserved for a long time and comes with extensive hydrating properties.
- Jojoba oil: The presence of myristic acid and long chain wax esters similar to that of natural human sebum along with the antimicrobial property allows it to work wonderfully in back acne. It can be regarded as the best carrier for aromatherapy. Jojoba oil is quickly absorbed in the skin and leaves a smooth, silky effect.
- Sunflower oil: This light, non-greasy oil containing essential fatty acids like linoleic acid, palmitic acid and stearic acid makes the thigh skin look younger and smoother! However, people allergic to sunflower should avoid this.
- Green tea: Green tea is popular worldwide for their antioxidant property produced by the huge amount of vitamin E. Massage with green tea essential oil helps preventing premature ageing of skin and the breakdown of cellulites. Leaving the thighs for ten minutes with green tea bound to them will also reduce cellulites to become visible above your skin.
- Coffee: Dark coffee is used in powdered form. Incorporation of coffee in a massage oil as a principal element is helpful for preventing cellulites. The caffeine present in coffee dilates the blood vessels and results in better blood supply. Coffee is of low cost, low risk and low maintenance thus proves to be a suitable substitute.
Other vastly used oils are—
- Avocado oil
- Cocoa Butter
- Grape seed oil
- Kukui Nut oil
- Olive oil
- Sesame oil
- Shea Butter
- Wheat germ oil
You can use some essential oils to convert your massage into aromatherapy. Lavender, Sandalwoods, rose oils can be the best options that are easily available and comes in a reasonable price. Some gels, lotions are widely being used as well now and are easily available in market.
To get rid of cellulite, you can use some complex massaging agents while massaging your thighs. Combination of green tea, coffee, sweet almonds and guarana extracts can act as special slimming agent for your thighs. This combination has special stimulating properties which will prevent deposition of fats and removes cellulites from under surface of your skins. Thus, your skinny thigh goal can be achieved!